Here goes nothing
Jill is now 4 months and 2 weeks old and Bryan and I realized that we really want to start writing everything down. So I'm going to try to back fill Jill's birth story and what little I remember from my pregnancy (it went so fast!) and then hopefully make weekly posts.
In August of 2005 Bryan and I decided to bite the bullet and start trying to have a family. I had been charting my ovulation and taking prenatal vitamins for months but I still hadn't felt ready until August. I took my first pregnancy test right before Labor Day and immediately followed it with about 4 others. I couldn't believe the results! I thought, "OK, there are two lines, but that second one is really faint!" I honestly thought that I couldn't be pregnant. Over Labor Day weekend we went camping at Acadia with Jim Connerney and the Huies. I had forgotten my prenatal vitamins at home so I sneakily bought some over the counter in Bar Harbor just in case.
We had such a great time camping. We did some vigorous hikes and the weather was beautiful. Notre Dame beat Pitt on Saturday night so we didn't need to deal with any dark moods from Jim. :) When we got home I took another test which was still positive. I called my OB to confirm the results. We were so excited and hopeful and when we got the official thumbs up we felt very blessed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home