Cavener News

Bryan and I previously have documented nothing. From the last nine years we have no photos, no journals, nada. But now we're turning over a new leaf and we're hoping to use this as baby books for Jill and Peter.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Compare, Contrast

Peter has had a few bad nights of waking and screaming, so this morning he and I rushed out to make the pediatrician's early walk-in hours. (He is fine, just cutting his molars.) That left Jill in Bryan's capable hands to get ready for school.

This afternoon, Peter and I got to school a little early for Jill's pick-up. I scanned the playground looking for my Jill, but couldn't find her. When the teacher rang her bell, the children lined up to come inside and then I thought, "Oh boy. There she is." Jill was dressed in a gray coat, black leggings, and brown shoes. Her hair was a disaster. It had sprung free in a tangled mess from the attempt Bryan had made to tie it back. There was no pink, there were no ribbons, she was barely recognizable! But as she came up the hill she greeted me with a huge grin, and there could be no more pleasing sight to me.

Here is a compare contrast of Jill when I get her ready for school and when Bryan does. In fairness, his picture was an after school shot and the outfit under the gray coat was cute, but wow!




Peter continues to pick up new words. This week he is saying help, night night, button "but", blanket, apple, doggie, monkey, George, and juice. He picks up the remote and says, "A show. Elmo." And my favorite is "morning," which he says whenever he wakes up.

Bryan and I celebrated our 8th anniversary yesterday. I'm so glad I married him, even if he does do bad hair. :)

4 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger Pa and Grammie said...

I hate to admit this,, but the inability to do hair was probably inherited from his mother:)

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

That is pretty funny. I can't imagine what David would do if we had had a girl!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Tina said...

Yeah, my brian has pretty much given up on the hair. He brushes it straight back and calls it a day. And he is not the greatest with the clothes either. When I get my first glimpse of them the first thing he says it "So what is wrong with this outfit?" I guess he can see it on my face! So funny!

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Doesn't matter how cute we do Nora's hair...she still pulls out any barrettes or ponytails. But I have to say, Andy is mostly good about dressing Nora. My only complaint so far was putting her in overalls on a potty training day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home