Long Overdue
I can't believe it has been so long since I blogged! It's been such a big month, too, it makes me sad that I haven't captured more of it. Some of this is old news.
We have finally turned Jill's crib into a big girl bed and she loves it! She laid in the bed while Bryan removed the rail and laughed gleefully, "Daddy is breaking my crib!" When he was done, Jill played in her room for about 45 minutes, listening to music and reading books in bed. We have a kid proof knob on her door to keep her from getting out of the room at night. After we tucked Jill in the first night, she ran to the door and rattled it asking to get up. I went inside and explained that like she couldn't get out of her crib before, she couldn't get out of her room now when it was time to sleep, but I would come for her if she needed me. I tucked her back in and that was it. She has gone to sleep without a fuss since and has even enjoyed her afternoon quiet time more now that she has more freedom.




Peter is standing, cruising, and climbing all over the place. He was in the kitchen with me the other day and he took two efficient steps up the step stool and stood at the sink. I was like, "Oh no! Peter!" So I took a quick picture and then got him down. Peter loves the stairs, too. He can get up them in the blink of an eye so the gate is back up now. This little guy cannot be distracted. I'll carry him away from the stairs or Jill's play-doh and set him up with a toy and the second my hands are off of him he turns around and crawls directly back to whatever he wants.
Peter is a nightmare to change right now. He screams like a warrior and rolls to his knees on the changing table. I have to put a forearm across his chest, sing my heart out, and let him pull my hair in order to get it done. Peter is starting to talk a little. We swear we hear him say things apropos to the occasion but we can't believe it. He regularly says hi, mumma, dada, and nana (especially when he is mad a Nana!). If we hold the camera up to him he says, "Chiz!" (Like cheese) I also think I've heard him say book. It's all pretty garbled but so cute.



While still usually a cooperative girl, Jill has had some real moments of testing and trying to control situations lately. She gets IRATE if it doesn't work. A couple of weeks ago, we went through Dunkin's drive through to get me a coffee. Jill immediately started asking for munchkins and I said, "No, Jill, we're not getting any munchkins today." She freaked. She starting crying and yelling, "I need chocolate munchkins!", and when that got no response, gasping through sobs, "I WANT CHICKEN NUGGETS! I WANT FRENCH FRIES! I WANT CHOCOLATE CHICKEN NUGGETS!" Incredulous, Bryan said, "Jill! You're having a fast food meltdown!"
Here are some of my other favorite pictures from the month.

Jill makes a picture for Daddy. In the end it said, "I love you, Daddy! Thank you for going to work and thank you for coming home!"







2 Comments:
Ronni they are SO cute! I have a feeling Payton and Jill would get along famously!
Ronni, this post and pictures are great! I LOVE that Peter is such a "big kid" in the play date picture. It's like he's one of the gang.
Post a Comment
<< Home