Cavener News

Bryan and I previously have documented nothing. From the last nine years we have no photos, no journals, nada. But now we're turning over a new leaf and we're hoping to use this as baby books for Jill and Peter.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Darling

A couple of friends are pregnant or have recently had babies and Jill is very interested in the whole pregnancy thing. She sticks dolls, drawings, or toys under her shirt and says things like, "When I was a mommy, I had Peter in my belly!"

So I explained to that she's not a mommy yet but she will be someday. Then I went on to tell her that like I am her mother and she is my little girl, Nana is my mother and I'm her little girl. Jill thought about it and repeated back to me, "You're my mommy, and Nana's your mommy. You're Nana's little girl." I'm nodding and thinking, "She's got it!" Then Jill finishes with, "And I'm Nana's darling. She loves her darling!"

One other nice story... We were in Columbus this weekend for Rich and Uncle Doug's retirement party. We had a great weekend visiting with the whole family but unfortunately I got a crushing sinus headache right before the party. I told Bryan I didn't think I could go, so I helped get the kids ready, and then put myself to bed.

Jill was psyched about this party. She had on a pretty dress and, to Jill, party means CAKE. Soon after Bryan left me, I heard Jill's quick light steps on the stairs and she was at my bedside. I asked, "Jill, what are you doing? It's time to go to the party. Aren't you ready to go?" She said somberly, "Someone's missing." I said, "Who?" ready to explain that Grammie and Pa had left earlier with Uncle Tim and Aunt Raean. Jill said, "You're missing." Oh my goodness, I couldn't say no to that. I gingerly got up and dressed and donned my darkest sunglasses for the party. Thankfully about an hour into it two Sudafed, three Advil, and a skull massage from Raean had me feeling much better.

I'm so glad Jill got me on my feet to celebrate with Rich and Doug! We have a couple cute pictures of the cousins together that I'll have to post soon. Jill ran and giggled with her cousin Evan and Peter had a great time playing in a wagon with his cousin Sam. Peter also LOVED petting Zukie, the labradoodle of Uncle Kevin and Aunt Becky. He stood there with Zuke's fur balled in his chubby fists, shrieking with delight. Poor, patient dog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home