Cavener News

Bryan and I previously have documented nothing. From the last nine years we have no photos, no journals, nada. But now we're turning over a new leaf and we're hoping to use this as baby books for Jill and Peter.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Need to remember this...

Tonight I ran the Saunders 10K.  I've done it three times now, I think, and it's one of my favorite races.  

When we were debating this afternoon whether Bryan and the kids would go to the beach or come to the race, Jill insisted on the race.  She was so excited to come, even though she often good-naturedly points out, "You never win, Mom!"

I've had an inconsistent summer of running and because of that some nagging aches and pains have cropped up.  I've been having pain in my right achilles tendon and IT band pain in my left knee and hip.  The hip!  Oh, that hip is sucking my will to live!  These made me wonder if I should run the race at all.

All that said, I creakily started with no reassuring bounce in my step.  As I approached the first mile marker I felt terrible.  I thought I had to be going really slow.  I was actually going too fast, and so I set myself up for a meltdown in the final miles.

As I turned the final corner, I saw Bryan and the kids at the finish.  The kids were SO EXCITED. Jill's head was above the barricades and Bryan held Peter up so he could see.  I saw their eyes widen with surprise at finally seeing me.  They waved their hands, yelling for me nonstop.  "Go Mom, Go!  Go Mom, Go!"  They looked so beautiful and happy.  I waved back and finished smiling too.  

There's nothing like seeing your family at the end of race.  It means the world to me that they are interested in coming and I can't wait until they are running with me.  I am a lucky mom!  As always, the T-shirt and post race beer went to Bryan.  His race day job was harder than mine.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home